The Jeep FC-150 was produced by Willys and then Kaiser Jeep from 1957 to 1965. It was also assembled in other international markets. The layout featured a cab over (forward control) design. By the time production was done, 16,251 had been produced.
The Forward Control models were primarily marketed as work vehicles for corporate, municipal, military, as well as civilian use. Regular pickup box beds were standard, but customers were offered a large number of “Jeep approved” specialized bodies from outside suppliers.
The first FC-150 bore a lot of mechanical resemblance to the CJ, using the same F-head 134-cube four-cylinder engine, T-90 three-speed manual transmission, and Spicer 18 T-case with similar front Spicer 25 and rear Dana 44 axles.
In 1958, the FC-150 received a new, wider chassis. Its track was widened from 48 inches to 57 inches.
FC-150 sold 1,546 units in 1959.
This model had a gross weight of 5,000 lbs.
|Engine Options||Hurricane engine, 75 hp & 114 ft./lbs. torque|
|Transmission Options||T90, 3 speed manual transmission|
|Transfer Case||Dana 18|
|Rear Axle||Dana 44|
|Front Axle||Dana 25|
|Curb Weight||3,273 lbs.|